Apply to Become a DIS Student Photographer
What Do DIS Student Photographers Do?
Student Photographers tell the story of all aspects of the DIS experience through photography. As visual storytellers, they assist the Marketing & Communications Department in documenting student life at DIS – everywhere from the quiet moments during a morning commute to DIS to an exciting afternoon Field Study.
Student Photographers create visually compelling content for both print and digital channels, such as the annual print catalog, website, social media, and advertisements. Assignments may include:
- Photographing Study Tours, Field Studies, and classrooms
- Taking over social media accounts (primarily on Instagram Stories)
- Capturing Copenhagen and/or Stockholm (depending on where the photographer is studying)
Why Should You Apply?
- You’ll build your skill set and portfolio abroad, and your photos will be used in DIS catalog, web, advertising, and social media
- Your time spent with the Marketing & Communications Team can be noted as a non-credit internship on your future resume
Note: This is an experience-building ambassadorship and is not a paid position.
What Are We Looking For?
- Photographers with intermediate or above photography skills, who are proficient in using DSLR cameras with experience in editing software such as Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom
- Storytellers with a strong passion for digital media, branding, and marketing, and ability to utilize social media platforms (primarily Instagram)
- Ambassadors who are outgoing and interested in connecting with current students as well as inspiring future students, and enjoying capturing people-centered stories
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for a Summer 2022 Student Photographer position, send your application to email@example.com including:
- Your name and home university
- Your courses and sessions at DIS
- A short statement of interest including your past experiences and what you hope to get out of the position (no more than 250 words)
- A link to an online portfolio or gallery of your work
- A link to a public Instagram account
- The model of your camera (DIS also has high-quality cameras for you to sign out for assignments, however, a limited supply)
Positions are competitive! Deadlines for Summer 2022 Student Photographer applications will be published on this page closer to summer start.