Apply to Become a DIS Student Photographer
What Do DIS Student Photographers Do?
Student Photographers tell the story of all aspects of the DIS experience through photography. As visual storytellers, they assist the Marketing & Communications Department in documenting student life at DIS – everywhere from the quiet moments during a morning commute to DIS to an exciting afternoon Field Study.
Student Photographers create visually compelling content for both print and digital channels, such as the annual print catalog, website, social media, and advertisements. See below for deliverables.
Why Should You Apply?
- You’ll build your skill set and portfolio abroad, and your photos will be used in DIS catalog, web, advertising, and social media
- Your time spent with the Marketing & Communications Team can be noted as a non-credit internship on your future resume
What Are We Looking For?
- Photographers with intermediate or above photography skills, who are proficient in using DSLR cameras with experience in editing software such as Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom
- Storytellers with a strong passion for digital media, branding, and marketing, and ability to utilize social media platforms (primarily Instagram)
- Ambassadors who are outgoing and interested in connecting with current students as well as inspiring future students, and enjoying capturing people-centered stories
- Students with strong communication skills, including time management and organization skills, as you will be expected to complete assignments alongside academic and social commitments
Expectations and Compensation
Student Photographers are required to submit regular photo drops throughout the summer. In addition, assignments may include:
- Photographing Study Tours, Field Studies, classrooms, and DIS events as a fly-on-the-wall
- Taking over social media accounts (primarily on Instagram Stories), or providing media for platforms (such as TikTok)
- Assisting in planned photoshoots of other students
- Working on self-directed independent and collaborative projects
This position is compensated with a stipend. Students who fulfill the requirements of their position will be paid at the end of their summer session. The stipend amount is determined by the length of the summer session; please see the stipends below:
Stipend for students studying at DIS Copenhagen:
- Session 1: 300 DKK (approximately 45 USD, depending on currency exchange)
- Session 2: 300 DKK (approximately 45 USD, depending on currency exchange)
- Session 3: 400 DKK (approximately 60 USD, depending on currency exchange)
- Architecture and Design Session: 700 DKK (approximately 105 USD, depending on currency exchange)
- Labs and Research Session: 600 DKK (approximately 90 USD, depending on currency exchange)
Stipend for students studying at DIS Stockholm:
- Session 1: 430 SEK (approximately 45 USD, depending on currency exchange)
- Session 2: 430 SEK (approximately 45 USD, depending on currency exchange)
- Session 3: 570 SEK (approximately 60 USD, depending on currency exchange)
- Labs and Research Session: 870 SEK (approximately 90 USD, depending on currency exchange)
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for a Summer 2022 Student Photographer position, please apply by May 15, 2022. Submit your application by filling out the form below.
Positions are competitive! Be sure to contact us by the deadline.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Student Photographer
"*" indicates required fields