The study tour to Vienna introduces you to the nuances of medical practice in the well-established and internationally regarded Austrian system. You will be exposed to a diverse range of visits, which will provide you with a well-rounded and comprehensive understanding of the healthcare system in Austria.
By meeting with medical professionals and visiting medical centers and clinics, you will observe the differences between state-funded and privately-funded care, and gain first hand insight into Austrian’s medical landscape. You will discuss key issues involved in healthcare today, such as demographics and economy, healthcare promotion and infection control, allocation of technology, money and resources, organization of and entry into the health system, and patient-doctor relationships. By the end of study tour, you will have a better understanding of some of the strengths and challenges of the Austrian healthcare system and how it compares to your experiences in Denmark and the United States.
Throughout the study tour you will utilize Vienna as your classroom to better understand the strengths and challenges of the Austrian health care system and to draw comparisons to your experiences in Denmark and the United States.
- Compare and contrast medical practice between Denmark and Austria
- Observe examples of clinical practice and research with clinical relevance
- Experience medical practice in a social, international, and scientific context
- Understand the challenges that healthcare providers currently face
- Presentation of the Austrian Red Cross and guided tour of ABC Blood Service Center
- Touring Orthopädisches Spital Speising, a specialty hospital for orthopedics
- Hearing a lecture and tour of laboratory at the Department of Laboratory Medicine, Serology and Infectious Diseases, Hietzing Hospital with Neurologic Center