Internship Opportunities at DIS Copenhagen & Stockholm
DIS offers internship opportunities in various departments in Copenhagen and Stockholm. An internship at DIS is a great way to gain hands-on experience in the field of international education and become an integrated part of a multicultural workplace.
The information below is applicable to all internship positions, but please note that each internship position is unique. Carefully read the following and each individual job description to understand which position would be suitable for you.
DIS is a leader in the study abroad field and offers more than 20 different academic programs and over 200 elective courses per semester. The three signature features of DIS are: (1) high academic quality, (2) course-integrated study tours, (3) immersion opportunities that allow students to integrate into the Danish culture.
Internship Objectives Include
- Gain international education work experience
- Further develop your organization, management, and administrative skills
- Enhance critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Develop project work skills
- Challenge your assumptions
Working at DIS
The overall goal for DIS is to create an outstanding experience for every single DIS student. This requires dedication behind the scenes, an aptitude for teamwork, and a resilient positive attitude. You must be prepared to work hard and diligently to meet the high expectations of fellow DIS staff and students. This means that, you will work long hours some times, and short hours at other times. The peak seasons fluctuate from one department to another and you will help with tasks outside your key work area.
DIS is a collaborative, dynamic, and social work environment. You are entrusted with a high level of responsibility and therefore expected to be a self-starter, have confidence, and carry out your tasks with professionalism and commitment.
Your overall role
- Assist DIS faculty and fellow staff with daily operation tasks and program development
- Enrich the DIS work environment with your academic background and enthusiasm
- Set the highest standards for yourself and your work
- Seek to be a giver in the broader societal sense
- DIS alumni
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic administrative skills
- Ability to juggle various tasks at the same time
- Flexible and able to react well to immediate issues
- Attention to details and deadlines, including efficient time management
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to build relationships with DIS staff, students, faculty and visitors in order to understand the constantly changing environment
All applicants for a DIS internship must have been a previous DIS summer, semester, or full-year student and must have completed a bachelor’s degree or higher. All coursework at DIS must have been completed in good standing.
Please read the FAQ as part of your preparation before applying for a position
- Frequently asked questions for Copenhagen internships
- Frequently asked questions for Stockholm internships
The length of an internship
Most of the internship positions last for a 13-month period. In June a couple of 15-month long internships begin. These June internships have a duration of 15 months to create a longer cross-over time during a busy part of the year.
DIS will only consider one application per person, so the applicant must decide on which one position to apply for. You apply through our online job portal (see links below). A complete application should include:
- A cover letter of maximum 1 page, which should include answers to the following two question and other relevant information:
- What do you expect to learn and accomplish out of your year as a DIS intern in Copenhagen?
- Do you have any particular skills or prior experiences that you think will be relevant and useful for this
position and to DIS?
- A resume
- Recommendation letter(s) (optional), may be added to your application when submitting cover letter and resume. You can also log-in to your application and add recommendations later. We do not accept any recommendations sent directly to DIS.
For positions beginning June or August 2018, applications will be available here in November 2017.