Dates and Locations
During the IEC, participants will experience both the Swedish and Danish capitals. Through the unpacking of five topics in five days, we will explore how to educate the future through exploration, experiential learning, co-creation, and dialogue.
The conference begins in Stockholm and concludes in Copenhagen. It is recommended that participants arrive by Sunday, June 23 and depart on Saturday, June 29:
- Monday, June 24: Stockholm
- Tuesday, June 25: Journey through Sweden
- Wednesday, June 26: Copenhagen
- Thursday, June 27: Copenhagen
- Friday, June 28: Copenhagen
Register for Summer 2019 IEC
Participation in the conference is limited to colleagues from DIS partner institutions. Invitations are issued to our partner institutions through the education abroad office. Due to limited capacity, we are unable to accommodate guests during the IEC.Register as a Conference Participant
Note: the registration code for the Summer 2019 Conference is 1100.
(Apr. 1 – May 15)
|Homestay in Copenhagen||N/A|
The registration fee covers a substantial part of food and activities throughout the conference including:
- Pre-departure and on-site materials & support
- Programming and events throughout the week
- Most lunches and dinners
- Daily coffee service and snacks
- Transfer from Stockholm to Copenhagen
- Entrance fees and transportation to events
- 24-hour emergency contact
The Homestay fee includes:
- Accommodations in Copenhagen for 4 nights
- Transportation between DIS and your Homestay
- Breakfast each day and some dinners
Note: the Homestay option is only available for the Copenhagen portion of the IEC. The deadline for signing-up for a Homestay in Copenhagen was March 31. This option is now closed. Thank you for your understanding!
Registration and Payment
An invoice will be emailed soon after receiving your registration. Payment can be made by credit card or check.
Payment by Credit Card
Payment by Personal or Institutional Check
Checks should be made payable to DIS and sent to:
DIS IEC Account
Attn: Christie Jardine
DK-1456 Copenhagen K
If you need to cancel your IEC participation, please email IEC@dis.dk. DIS will issue refunds for registration fees if participation is cancelled on/before May 15. After this date, registration fees will not be refunded. For participants staying with Homestays in Copenhagen, DIS will issue refunds for Homestay fees if participation is cancelled on/before June 1. After this date, Homestay fees will not be refunded. Please contact IEC@dis.dk with questions.