This week-long Study Tour is designed to show you different aspects of affective neuroscience and illustrate the connections between research and treatment. You step into the world of affective neuroscience by touring labs, visiting therapists, and meeting various researchers from different universities and institutes in Paris.
You engage in discussions to further develop your understanding of how classwork translates into a professional context. In addition, the academic program is supplemented with some of Paris’ cultural highlights, giving you the opportunity to learn more about French history and contextualize your studies.
- Visit the Social and Affective Neuroscience research group at the French Academy of Neuroscience and gain insight into the cutting-edge research being performed there
- Visit clinicians to gain an understanding of how emotions are managed in therapy
- Visit a computer music center working to combine signal processing and cognitive neuroscience to understand how music creates emotions
- Learn about research in affective neuroscience through visiting clinical and lab-based research institutions
- Investigate the many different forms of treatment that utilize aspects of affective neuroscience
- Understand how the creative arts and therapy impact our emotions and their neural connections and relate this to our theoretical and research knowledge