For the Study Tour, the classroom moves to Florence, Italy, where we study modern and historical leaders, entrepreneurs, and artists in search of the key to leadership and strategic planning.
The Renaissance began in Florence in the 14th century, due to the social and civic peculiarities of the city at the time, its political structure, the patronage of its dominant family, the Medici, and the migration of Greek scholars and texts to Italy following the Fall of Constantinople to the Ottoman Turks.
During this time, Florence was the home of legendary political thinkers and strategic planners such as painter, sculptor, architect, inventor, military engineer, and draftsman, Leonardo da Vinci. The Italian diplomat, politician, historian, philosopher, humanist, writer, playwright, and poet, Niccolò Machiavelli, and the Italian sculptor, painter, architect, and poet, Michelangelo. We will follow in the footsteps of these great thinkers and discover some of their secrets to leadership and strategic planning in a modern perspective.
Today, Florence is the headquarter of acclaimed modern corporations and institutions such as the iconic fashion brand Gucci, the Medici Bank, and the legendary watch manufacturer Panerai, founded in Officine Panerai in Florance 1860, European School of Economics Florence, and Polimoda Institute of Fashion Design and Marketing. The city hosts several newspapers including The Florentine, Leggo, Metro, and La Nazione, and it is known for its spectacular opera venues, Teatro dell’Opera di Firenze, Teatro Goldoni, Teatro Auditorium al Duomo, St. Mark’s Anglican Church, and many more.
We will research and visit some of these magnificent modern organizations and discuss what makes them successful, as well as just how important the environment and institutions are in fostering leadership and strategic planning.
- Study modern and historical leaders, entrepreneurs, and artists in Florence in search of the keys to leadership and strategic planning
- Visit the headquarters of acclaimed modern corporations located in Florence to learn about their methods and strategies
- Explore the importance of environment and institutions in terms of fostering leadership and strategic planning
- Explore the legacy of Niccolo Machiavelli and his leadership style through a walking tour of the city
- Meet with individuals involved in strategic planning at corporations such as Gucci, Panerai watches, Leggo newspaper
- Visit the Medici Bank