Apply to Become a DIS Summer Social Media Ambassador
What Do DIS Social Media Ambassadors Do?
DIS Social Media Ambassadors create content for our social media platforms, primarily Instagram (@disabroad, @summeratdis) and TikTok. As visual storytellers, Social Media Ambassadors assist the Marketing and Communications Department in documenting student life at DIS, sharing their academic and cultural adventures. In this role, you will be considered a resource for future students to follow and reach out to about your study abroad experience.
Why Should You Apply?
- You’ll build your skill set and portfolio abroad, and your content will be featured across the DIS social media platforms
- Your time spent with the Marketing and Communications Team can be noted as a non-credit internship on your future resume
What Are We Looking For?
- Students who are excited about creating content, up to date with the latest social media trends, and comfortable producing media (including TikToks, Instagram Reels, and Instagram Stories) as aligned with the DIS brand and values
- Storytellers with a strong passion for digital media, branding, and marketing, and with a solid understanding of different social media platforms
- Ambassadors who are outgoing and interested in connecting with current students as well as inspiring future students, and enjoying capturing people-centered stories
- Students with strong communication, time management, and organization skills, as you will be expected to complete assignments alongside academic and social commitments
Expectations and Compensation
DIS Social Media Ambassadors work in partnership with the DIS Marketing and Communications Department. Assignments include:
- Working on short and long-form videos for TikTok and Instagram
- Taking over social media accounts (primarily on Instagram Stories)
- Contributing photo and video content for use across our platforms
- As an ambassador for DIS, you are a resource for prospective students and may be asked to answer questions via social media
Based on your skills and/or interests, you may be asked to take on other initiatives or creative assignments, such as:
- Documenting Study Tours, Field Studies, classrooms, and DIS events as a fly-on-the-wall
- Collaborating with other Student Media Team members
This position is compensated with a stipend. Students who fulfill the requirements of their position will be paid at the end of their summer session. The stipend amount is determined by the length of the summer session; please see the stipends below:
Stipend for students studying at DIS Copenhagen:
- Session 1: 300 DKK (approximately 45 USD, depending on currency exchange)
- Session 2: 300 DKK (approximately 45 USD, depending on currency exchange)
- Session 3: 400 DKK (approximately 60 USD, depending on currency exchange)
- Architecture and Design Session: 700 DKK (approximately 105 USD, depending on currency exchange)
- Labs and Research Session: 600 DKK (approximately 90 USD, depending on currency exchange)
Stipend for students studying at DIS Stockholm:
- Session 1: 430 SEK (approximately 45 USD, depending on currency exchange)
- Session 2: 430 SEK (approximately 45 USD, depending on currency exchange)
- Session 3: 570 SEK (approximately 60 USD, depending on currency exchange)
- Labs and Research Session: 870 SEK (approximately 90 USD, depending on currency exchange)
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for a Summer 2022 Social Media Ambassador, please apply by May 15, 2022. Submit your application by filling out the form below.
Positions are competitive! Be sure to contact us by the deadline.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.