This week-long tour envelops you in the psychology of food, in the culinary capital of the Western world. You will experience a culture where food is not simply fuel but a lifestyle. Explore how communities see food from psychological as well as cultural, social, and historic standpoints. Engage yourself in academic and cultural activities to develop a holistic view of the psychology of food.
- Gain understanding as to why France is seen as the culinary capital of the Western world and how food has shaped our thought processes, history, and culture from the micro level of the perception of taste and interplay with immediate environments, to the metapsychology of national cuisines
- Get a closer look into Psychology of Food and its impact upon the fields of psychology and psychiatry
- Engage in your personal learning process outside the classroom by actively participating and challenging your current ideas and assumptions
- AgroParisTech: the leading French graduate university for agronomy, environment, life science, and food technology. Its research and development in food sciences is internationally renowned and it is one of the founding members of Agreenium, a French consortium created in response to global demographic, environmental, and energy issues
- Culinary walking tour and Traditional French Cooking class (Bonappetour)
- Workshop with clinical psychologist practicing Mindful Eating