Core Course Week, including short study tour, provides you with the opportunity to explore the clinical aspect of the Swedish healthcare system while furthering your understanding of the role of a physician in Sweden. You will also investigate cutting-edge medical research by leaders in the field. By meeting with general practitioners, visiting with various hospital departments, and discussing medical research projects with Swedish university researchers, you will see how theories presented in the classroom connect with practices in the field.
- Broaden your perspectives of the possibilities and challenges that arise from research and its applications in translational medicine
- Further understand how research translates into diagnostics, medicine, and treatment
- Examine the clinical role, function, and organization of the Swedish healthcare system through exposure to primary care, clinical settings, and research institutions
- Listen to a presentation and take a tour of Q-linea, a biotech company based in Uppsala, Sweden
- Discuss with researchers and clinicians at Linköping University in departments such as the Department of Medical Health and Sciences (IMH), Division of Drug Research (LÄFO), and Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine Clinical Chemistry
- Disocver the university cities of Uppsala and Linköping