You will study the main public health challenges of migration and refugee crises, and how these challenges are handled by the international community.
This study tour will discuss the main public health and human rights challenges that different migrant populations face before, during, and after migration. You will be exposed to a global health diplomacy perspective and analyze how this relates to national policy making and practice in Sweden. In Geneva, you will have the opportunity to discuss these challenges with key experts in several international organizations.
- Understand the relationship between global health diplomacy and national policy making
- Investigate the bureaucratic, as well as practical, aspects of public health and migration
- Learn about Geneva’s unique history as a center of migration and human rights
- Visit the World Health Organization headquarters
- Hear from experts in the field at the International Organization for Migration and the UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- Visit the UN Human Rights Council and the joint UN program on HIV and AIDS, UNAIDS