November 30, 2021
New COVID-19 recommendations were announced, effective from December 1st.
These measures are designed to limit the spread of COVID-19.
The new restrictions include:
- Public events with 100 participants and more will require participants to be able to show proof of vaccination or they have to follow strict distancing rules.
- At this point only EU-vaccination certificates will be valid proof of vaccination. Unfortunately, Sweden does not allow for you to change your US vaccination cards into an EU certificate. Proof of testing or recovery are also not accepted. If you have booked tickets to any events already, please get in touch with the event company to inquire details how they will handle the specific event.
- Everyone, vaccinated or unvaccinated are asked to get a PCR test in case they experience COVID-19 symptoms and stay home until results are received.
- If you live with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 you have to stay quarantine for seven days, counting from when the person you live with got tested. On day five of your quarantine please also test. This goes for both vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
More on these recent changes on the Swedish Health Authorities website. The DIS COVID-19 flowchart has been updated to reflect this change.
- Sweden tightens Covid-19 guidelines – who should get tested now? (thelocal.se)
- Will foreign Covid vaccine passes be valid at public events in Sweden? (thelocal.se)
- Avoid crowding, wear a face mask if you prefer and wash and sanitize your hands often
- Get tested if you experience even mild COVID-19 symptoms
- Stay at home if you feel sick
- Contact the DIS Health & Safety Emergency phone if you test positive for COVID-19 (+46 721412862)