We are looking for students to intern with the DIS Communications & Marketings Team to continue our video storytelling tradition! Each semester DIS Student Videographers collaborate on the semester yearbook video as a visual compilation of their semester abroad.
Why Should You Apply?
- Your time spent with the Communications & Marketing Team can be noted as a non-credit internship on your future resume, and at the end of the semester, you can request a letter of recommendation or a LinkedIn recommendation from the Communications & Marketing Team to help build your resume*
- You’ll build your skill set and portfolio abroad, and your videos will be used in DIS web and social media material
- You will be an ambassador of the DIS program – helping to inspire future students and set their expectations about what the real experience is like
- You’ll join a community of creative students interning for the Communications & Marketing Team – sharing ideas and reviewing each other’s work
- At the end of the semester, you will be invited to celebrate your work and semester at DIS, over a concluding thank you dinner!
*Please note that this is an experience-building ambassadorship and not a paid position.
Am I Qualified for the Position?
- It is preferred that you have previous experience in documentary or creative short filmmaking
- You must be comfortable in all aspects of video making – from storyboarding, to interviewing, to filming, and producing
- You should be outgoing and willing to work with others and to network with others for inclusion videos – as you’ll see from past videos – we are all about people here!
- Good time management and organization skills, as you will be expected to complete the video assignment alongside your academic and social commitments
How to Apply
Submit your application by email to email@example.com, with the following information:
- Link to previous video work online (Youtube, Vimeo, etc.) with an explanation of how you were involved in the making of the video (production, filming, editing, or all of the above)
- A short statement of why you would make a great DIS Student Videographer (no more than 250 words)
- If you will be bringing your own gear abroad, note the model and year of your camera and/or video editing package
- We will contact you to let you know if you have made our shortlist of candidates a few days prior to the semester start to invite you to an interview during Arrivals Week.
Chosen candidates will be notified by email within the first two weeks of the semester.