Apply to Become a DIS Student Videographer
We are looking for students to intern with the DIS Marketing & Communications Department to continue our video storytelling tradition! Each semester DIS Student Videographers collaborate on the semester yearbook video as a visual compilation of their semester abroad.
What Do DIS Student Videographers Do?
You will be trained by the Marketing & Communications Department and work within a team of fellow Student Videographers to create a yearbook video. While all members shoot video throughout the semester, there are three defined positions you can apply for:
- Producer – drives the project concepts and timelines, sources the music, and coordinates the group
- Editor – is in charge of editing the footage and working through feedback rounds with the DIS Marketing & Communications Department
- Cinematographer – compiles and organizes all footage from the team to pass on to the editor, and take on additional special shoots to meet the goals of the project
Why Should You Apply?
- Your time spent with the Marketing & Communications Department can be noted as a non-credit internship on your future resumé, and at the end of the semester, you can request a letter of recommendation or a LinkedIn recommendation to help build your resume*
- You’ll build your skill set and portfolio abroad, and your videos will be used on DIS marketing materials, such as the website and social media channels
- You will be a DIS ambassador – helping to inspire future students and set their expectations about what the real experience is like
- You’ll join a community of creative students interning for the Marketing & Communications Department – sharing ideas and reviewing each other’s work
*Please note that this is an experience-building ambassadorship and is not a paid position.
What Are We Looking For?
- You have previous experience in creative short filmmaking
- You are comfortable in one of the following aspects of filmmaking – filming, editing, or producing
- You are a collaborative team member, and are willing to network with other students to capture their experiences – you can see from our past videos that we are all about people!
- Good time management and organization skills, as you will be expected to complete the video assignment alongside your academic and social commitments
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for a Spring 2022 Student Videographer position, apply by January 13th, 2022.
Submit your application by email to email@example.com, with the following information:
- Link to previous video work online (Youtube, Vimeo, etc.) with an explanation of how you were involved in the making of the video (production, filming, editing, or all of the above)
- A short statement of why you would make a great DIS Student Videographer (no more than 250 words)
- If you will be bringing your own gear abroad, note the model and year of your camera and/or video editing software
- We will contact you to let you know if you have made our shortlist of candidates a few days prior to the semester start to invite you to an interview during Arrivals Week.
Chosen candidates will be notified by email within the first two weeks of the semester.
Positions are competitive! Be sure to contact us by the deadline.