This semester, we are recruiting students to intern as photographers with the DIS Marketing & Communications team.
What Do Student Photographers Do?
You are tasked with creative photo assignments throughout the semester to help tell the story of all aspects of the DIS experience – everywhere from quiet moments on the cobblestone streets of Stockholm to slipping into the back of DIS classrooms to capture a faculty member teaching a class.
Why Should You Apply?
- You are trained by the Marketing & Communications Department and work with us throughout the semester on photography assignments
- Your time spent with the Marketing & Communications Department can be noted as a non-credit internship on your future resume, and at the end of the semester, you can request a letter of recommendation or LinkedIn recommendation from the Marketing & Communications Department to build your resume*
- You’ll build your skill set and portfolio abroad, and your photos will be used in DIS catalog, web, and social media material
- You will be an ambassador of the DIS program – helping to inspire future students and set their expectations about what the real experience is like
- You’ll join a community of creative photographer students interning for the Marketing & Communications Department
- At the end of the semester, you will be invited to a special thank you celebration, to reflect on the semester and to thank you for all that you’ve contribute
*Please note that this is an experience-building ambassadorship and is not a paid position.
What Are We Looking For?
- Photographers with intermediate or above photography skills, who are proficient in using DSLR cameras
- Applicants should be outgoing and enjoy photographing people, and know just the right moment to capture to tell an amazing story in a photograph!
- Good time management and organization skills, as you will be expected to complete assignments alongside academic and social commitments
How to Apply
Fall 2017 students should apply by August 17th. Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- A short statement of interest including why you enjoy photography (no more than 250 words)
- A link to an online portfolio or gallery of your work
- If you will be bringing your own gear abroad, note the model and year of your camera (the DIS Marketing Team will also have some cameras for you to sign out for assignments, however, a limited supply)
- Indicate what type of photos you are most interested in taking:
- At events, field studies, and during DIS courses, in classrooms
- With students in their housing with local families
Positions are competitive! Be sure to contact us by the deadline: August 17, 2017
Chosen candidates will be notified by email on or before the end of August.