Core Course Week gives you the opportunity to take a closer look at Danish media institutions. You will gain an understanding of the Danish media landscape and explore how different organizations thrive in this atmosphere and what challenges they face. Through visits to creative agencies, TV stations, print media outlets, and communication departments, you will be introduced to the role media plays in Denmark. Meetings with various players in the communication sector will give you first-hand knowledge of the communication field and help you form a foundation for comparing the Scandinavian, British, and American approaches to strategic communication.
In addition, the Study Tour program is supplemented with cultural visits and events to help you learn more about Danish history and culture, as well as give you a more well-rounded understanding of the communities in which you are studying. Visits include touring museums, historical sites, experiencing nature, and enjoying traditional Danish food.
- Understand the Danish media landscape and how it differs from the U.S.
- Explore how Danish organizations face challenges and keep up in the ever changing communications world
- Gain a deeper and more nuanced understanding of how classroom theories apply to the real world environment
- Meet with e-emergency, a creative firm specializing in interactive design solutions
- Take part in a news and media workshop at Brandts Media Museum
- Get a behind-the scenes tour and lecture at TV2, a Danish television broadcaster