Core Course Week, including short Study Tour, enhances the Global Economics curriculum by giving you a more nuanced understanding of how classroom theories apply to a real world context. The itinerary is designed to illustrate how Danish companies compete in a global market, specifically by looking at regional locations of companies. Through visits to companies that have strong roots in Denmark and those that have expanded to locations throughout the world, you will gain a better understanding of the challenges Danish companies face when competing in a European context, and their perspective of the role of globalization in shaping the future.
Core Course Week is designed to exhibit classroom economic theory, as well as expose you to Danish culture, art, history, and cuisine.
- Introduce the Danish perspective on international trade, globalization, and competition
- Grasp the benefits and costs of international trade by engaging in dialogue with corporations and organizations based or operating in Denmark
- Examine the motivation behind engaging in global markets
- Meet executives from multinational companies with large global presence, such as Suzlon Wind Energy, Danish Crown, and TOMS
- Visit relevant organizations such as Denmark’s Export Credit Agency (EKF), Esbjerg Regional Business Development Center, and local universities