Germany is at the forefront of neuroscience in Europe, with Munich as a hotspot for academia, research, and industry. With close cooperation among research groups based at universities, hospitals, and specialized institutes, the region is a driver for innovation within the field.
During the study tour, you have the opportunity to see how the knowledge you learn in the classroom translates into real-world environments. You meet, learn from, and tour the labs of leading researchers in the field of psychopharmacology. Through academic lectures, institution and university visits, and tours of labs and clinical facilities, you can ask questions, discuss treatment approaches to psychiatric disorders, and learn more about the future of neuroscience.
To contextualize your studies, the study tour is supplemented with visits to museums, historic sites, and cultural landmarks.
- Broaden your perspective on developments in the neuroscience field, specifically within psychiatric disorders
- Learn about cutting-edge psychopharmacological research through visiting clinical and lab-based research institutions
- Gain insight into collaboration between academia, research, and industry
- Listen to lectures at Max-Planck Institute of Psychiatry and tour the Center for Applied GenoTyping Munich
- Meet with leading psychopharmacological figures, explore their work, and discuss the challenges within their field
- Tour the Neurophysiology Lab and Brain Stimulation Units at the Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität as well as clinical research facilities of the Psychiatric Hospital of Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität
- See demonstrations of imaging techniques and research models