This week-long study tour to Berlin and Prague is designed to allow you to compare and contrast different sectors of the German, Czech, and global economies. You will see first-hand the complex strategic planning companies undergo to achieve progress in their sector. In past semesters, visits have included German Car Association, Deutsche Bahn AG, Siemens, Skoda Automobile Production Plant, and Czech National Bank.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to experience the unique culture at the heart of Europe by visiting historical sites, walking along the remaining sections of the Berlin Wall, and exploring the modern city. Learning about the cultures of the businesses you visit will put them in context and will help you gain a truly global experience.
- Understand the influence of industries and policy on businesses across Europe, with a focus on Germany and the Czech Republic
- Learn about the German and Czech business environments, and gain insight into the diversity of the European business environment and the challenges of creating a single European market
- Critically examine the business models and strategies of select businesses located in Germany and the Czech Republic through on-site visits
- Visit German Car Association, Deutsche Bahn AG, Siemens, Skanska, Flughafen Berlin Brandenburg GmbH, Lego’s CEE office, and Skoda
- Visit the Prague Castle and the historical Charles Bridge and Astronomical Clock
- Tour an underground bunker in Berlin, and visit the Reichstag