This tour aims to provide insight not only into the dilemmas faced and the subsequent decisions made by the Allied and German leaderships, but to all people affected by the war. From the sea-sick soldiers on the ground to the trapped civilians, this study tour exposes you to the consequences caused by decisions made at the highest levels. You gain a further understanding of the long-term ramifications of the war for Europe and the rest of the world.
- Gain insight into how the opening of the second front shaped the outcome of WWII
- Understand the predicaments facing the fighting troops and the civilians trapped in the area
- Deepen your knowledge of the interplay between military and political decision making
- Musée de l'Armée, the French national military museum, with special attention to WWI and WWII exhibitions
- Musée de Paix: Provide background on the causes of the war as well as a detailed timeline
- Sainte-Mère-Église: Site of the landing of the first American paratroopers