Apply to Become a DIS Student Illustrator
Visual content is 40 times more likely to be shared on social media than links, photos, and text – making illustrations, digitized drawings, and graphics a crucial part of creating engagement on Facebook and other networks.
Build Your Portfolio Abroad
Collaborate with the DIS Marketing & Communications team, and create illustrations to be networked across social media platforms targeted to our Swedish and Danish audiences.
Bring Cultural Exchange to the Locals
As our Student Illustrator, you will create eye-catching illustrations/visual content for our Scandinavian audiences, consisting of current and potential Homestay hosts, Visiting Hosts, and local roommates. The goal is to make Swedes and Danes aware of the opportunity to host and meet DIS students.
The Marketing & Communications team will conceptualize illustrations, and your creative eye and drawing skills will be key in taking these ideas to the next level!
Note: This is an experience-building ambassadorship and not a paid position.
- Ability to create graphics and visuals
- A clear communicator
- A student who is organized, as well as detail- and deadline-oriented
- Must be able to work with drafts and revisions
- Must be able to take an idea and run with it – all while having a marketing mindset
- Understanding of target audiences
- Ability to adhere to set brand guidelines
Possible Styles and Techniques
(Listed in order of importance to the position)
- Digitized illustrations/hand-drawn art
- Icons and infographics
- Vector drawings
We envision your work being utilized mostly on social networks, however there is a possibility for projects involving print items. Web design will not be included in this position.
How To Apply
Fall 2018 students, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16, 2018, including:
- Your name
- Home university
- A short paragraph explaining your motivation
- Any extra materials and/or an online portfolio that shares your creativity
- Submit an illustrative design that portrays one experience within your pre-departure time (e.g.,packing for the semester, saying goodbye in the airport).