Apply to Become a DIS Student Illustrator
Visual content is 40 times more likely to be shared on social media than links, photos, and text – making illustrations, digitized drawings, and graphics a crucial part of creating engagement on Facebook and other networks.
Build Your Portfolio Abroad
Collaborate with the DIS Marketing & Communications Team, and create graphic posters, student resources, and illustrations to be networked across DIS and social media platforms targeted towards our student and Scandinavian audiences.
As our Student Illustrator, you will help create eye-catching posters and illustrations for DIS events and other student resources. You may also help create illustrations and visual content for our Scandinavian audiences, consisting of current and potential Homestay Hosts and Visiting Hosts. The goal is to make Swedes and Danes aware of the opportunity to host and meet DIS students.
The Marketing & Communications Team will conceptualize these designs with you, and your creative eye and design skills will be key in taking these ideas to the next level!
Note: This is an experience-building ambassadorship and not a paid position.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator. AfterEffects is a plus.
- A clear communicator
- A student who is organized, as well as detail- and deadline-oriented
- Independent worker
- Must be able to contribute at least 1-2 hours a week
- Ability to adhere to set brand guidelines
Possible Styles and Techniques
(Listed in order of importance to the position)
- Print and poster design
- Icons and infographics
- Digital illustrations/vector drawings
We envision your work being utilized mostly around DIS, and possibility of use on social media. Web design will not be included in this position.
How To Apply
If you would like to be considered for a Fall 2021 Student Illustrator position apply by August 19th, 2021.
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name
- Home university
- A short paragraph explaining your motivation
- An online portfolio
- Submit an illustrative design that portrays one experience within your pre-departure time (e.g. packing for the semester, saying goodbye in the airport).
Chosen candidates will be notified by email within the first few weeks of the semester.
Positions are competitive! Be sure to contact us by the deadline.