Apply to Become a DIS Student Designer
Visual content is 40 times more likely to be shared on social media than links, photos, and text – making illustrations, digitized drawings, and graphics a crucial part of creating engagement on Facebook and other networks.
Build Your Portfolio Abroad
Collaborate with the DIS Communications & Marketing Team, and create graphic posters, student resources, and illustrations to be networked across DIS and social media platforms targeted towards our student and Scandinavian audiences.
As our Student Designer, you will help create eye-catching posters for DIS events and other student resources. You may also help create illustrations and visual content for our Scandinavian audiences, consisting of current and potential Homestay Hosts, Visiting Hosts, and Rented Roommates. The goal is to make Swedes and Danes aware of the opportunity to host and meet DIS students.
The Communications & Marketing Team will conceptualize these designs with you, and your creative eye and design skills will be key in taking these ideas to the next level!
Note: This is an experience-building ambassadorship and not a paid position.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator. AfterEffects is a plus.
- A clear communicator
- A student who is organized, as well as detail- and deadline-oriented
- Independent worker
- Must be able to contribute at least 1-2 hours a week
- Ability to adhere to set brand guidelines
Possible Styles and Techniques
(Listed in order of importance to the position)
- Print and poster design
- Icons and infographics
- Digital illustrations/vector drawings
We envision your work being utilized mostly around DIS, and possibility of use on social media. Web design will not be included in this position.
How To Apply
Spring 2019 students, send your application to email@example.com by January 10, 2019, including:
- Your name
- Home university
- A short paragraph explaining your motivation
- An online portfolio
- Submit an illustrative design that portrays one experience within your pre-departure time (e.g.,packing for the semester, saying goodbye in the airport).