Apply to Become a DIS Student Blogger
What Do DIS Student Bloggers Do?
Bloggers create and maintain their own individual blogs about their semester, and are linked to from the DIS website. As a Student Blogger, you’ll be looked to as a resource for future students to follow and ask you about your DIS experience.
What Will You Reflect On?
We are looking for your real stories of studying abroad! We want you to relay what it is like to study at DIS. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Your cultural experiences; how do you engage with the local culture and community?
- Your courses, field studies, and study tours
- Stories of growing, living, learning, and traveling here in Copenhagen and greater Europe
- Day-to-day exploration
- Your housing experience
We require that you post regularly (a minimum of once a week).
Why Should You Apply?
- To build your resumé: Your blog is made official with a DIS Blogger badge that links back to DISabroad.org.* At at the end of the semester, DIS Student Bloggers can request a letter of recommendation or a recommendation on LinkedIn from the Marketing & Communications Department
- You become an ambassador for DIS by sharing your knowledge and experience with other university students that are thinking of going abroad
*Please note that this is an experience-building ambassadorship and is not a paid position.
The Semester as a Student Blogger
The Marketing & Communications Team take you under their wing with these exciting events:
- At the start of the semester, there is a Blogger Workshop to acquaint you with DIS behind the scenes, talk about blogging expectations and trends, and get to know your new blogger community
- At the end of the semester, the group gathers again to celebrate the semester over a dinner at a local hot spot, where all DIS Student Bloggers are eligible to win awards and prizes
Who Are We Looking For?
Each semester we choose one blogger per DIS Academic Program:
- We require that you are mature, passionate about your area of study, and have a desire to meet the locals
- You must be willing to tell your story in a creative and dynamic way, by considering your format and using video and/or photos
How to Apply
Fall 2018 students, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16, 2018, including:
- A new blog dedicated to the topic of your semester abroad, on your preferred blogging platform (Preferred Platforms: WordPress, Tumblr. We ask that you do not use Blogger as a platform, due to technical issues)
- At least one pre-departure reflection post by the application deadline
- At least one arrival reflection post within your first week here, regarding your first impressions of Copenhagen and DIS
- Your name
- Blog URL
- Home University/College
- DIS Program and core course
- DIS housing you have listed as your first choice or have been placed in
Positions are competitive! Be sure to contact us by the deadline.