With a room full of students eager to hear what it is like to live and work abroad, speakers presented their personal perspectives on how and why they decided to move abroad.
The panel included:
- Chloe Williams, Senior Communications Specialist at Designit
- Billy Leahy, Head of Content Marketing at Nordea
- Flemming Clausen, former Director of Private Wealth Management Research at Phatra Securities
- Bob Kerr, Diplomat, USA Foreign Service
- Heather Krog, Cultural Mentor and Inclusion Facilitator at DIS/Copenhagen Business School
There was discussion around both the joys and sacrifices involved in living abroad, such as experiencing new cultures and expanding perspectives, but also, missing friends, family, and networks back home.
In the second half of the event, students engaged speakers in small discussion groups. Many students were curious to ask specific inquiries about getting into finance, consulting, marketing, the Foreign Service, or the Peace Corps.
Overall, the students’ feedback indicated that the event had a positive impact on them; they were introduced to new possibilities for their futures and appreciated the array of careers that were represented.
DIS looks forward to hosting the event again next semester!