The panelists shared their perspectives on working internationally and intercultural environments.
- Heather Krog, Diversity Consultant, CBS Teaching Assistant
- Andrew Mattingly, Senior Programmer, IO Interactive
- Neil Smith, International Tax Lawyer, Nordeq Management
- Kasper Chaney Sørensen, Director of Surgical Global Marketing, Daewoong Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Chloe Williams, Senior Communication Specialist, Designit
Following this introduction, students in attendance asked further questions in a small group format.
One student inquired about tips on how to pursue a job overseas, to which panelist Chloe Williams stressed the importance of knowing one’s strengths in an intercultural environment, saying, “Be confident about the skills you can bring to the table, and make them translate for an international employer.”
Additional questions asked of the panelists included, What are the most prominent cultural barriers you have encountered in the international workplace? How do you balance working abroad and keeping in touch with family back home?
Students enjoyed food and refreshments, and the opportunity to network with panelists at the conclusion of the event.Back to all news